- The National Tourist Board (NTB), in collaboration with the Ministry of Tourism and Cultural Affairs (MTCA) Sierra Leone, has received funds from the Enhanced Integrated Framework Trust Fund (EIF-TF) to implement the EIF Tier 2 Sustainable Tourism Development and Promotion Project and now intends to apply part of this grant for Consulting services for an ESHIA study leading to the issuance of an environmental permit.
Before the elapse of the MOU, An Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA) study was undertaken and the document was elaborated in 2014 and subsequently disclosed in 2015. However, the Enhanced Integrated Framework-EIF, and Sustainable Tourism Development Promotion Project was repackaged to include the STDPP-Tier 2 new modalities; the aforesaid project was approved by the EIF Board in January 2020; given the time lapse, there is need for an update study in the various sites.
The ESHIA to be undertaken for the following:
- Integrated Tiwai Community Ecosystem Project – Barri Chiefdom (Pujehen District) and Koya Chiefdom (Kenema District)- Construction of a Tourism Center
- Integrated Bana na Island Community Ecotourism Project – Banana Island- Construction of a Tourism Center
- Wara-Wara Mountain Tourism Project- Construction of Eco-tourism lodge and relevant facilities.
- Refurbishment of 24 Bed-Room Hotel at the MMCE&T Brookfields Campus
- Construction of 6 Class Rooms at the MMCE&T Brookfields Campu
Contact: Procurement Committee
National Tourist Board
Lumley Beach Road, Aberdeen.